Friday, January 20, 2006















Love from the raspberry lip gloss floosie...I am thinking of the silliness of lip gloss. Cosmetic companies in cahoots with advertising agencies convince girls that they can get whatever they want if they wear lip gloss. There are other theories.

I got pregnant a long time ago and was wearing raspberry lip gloss when I developed extraordinary projectile vomiting and started spewing up my orange soda in the morning.

No sooner had it hit the bottom than it made its way back up to the top. I would neatly lean over the plastic lined trash bucket and puke a little puddle in there.

Each morning I would get up and do it all over again for about three months.Then it stopped. I eventually lost it.

I imagined it would be a boy, and I watched him begin to crawl and stand upright and carry his little satchel onto the yellow school bus while I waved a white handkerchief of surrender to education.

And so it was.