Friday, December 08, 2006


If you believe all the dire predictions about the weather on our planet, soon polar bears will have no place to go. The Netherlands and Daytona Beach will be underwater. Sink holes could swallow up Eskimos families in their sleep.

I read National Geographic and other publications and watch true to life video commentaries. The future looks hot.

Two things that these places have in common, like many resort locations, is water. Everyone loves water, water in which to play, swim, bathe, and drink. Clean water is becoming a rare commodity. The earth needs clean water now, and scientists are working on different projects to try to find economical and safe ways to purify contaminated water. One really appealing way is through the use of sunlight. Using one of nature's constants to refine another of nature's constants seems like an ideal solution

Do I careabout these problems? Yes, I do. The Netherlands and Daytona Beach are two of my favorite vacation spots. I feel uncomfortable at the idea of Atlanta being the next beach resort. I'm not sure what land mass could replace the Netherlands, but maybe it's somewhere in Germany. The Dutch are not going to take this sitting down.

You might ask how much I care. To what lengths would I go to help out the eco-cycle??

I care enough to hardly ever never use the dryer to dry my clothes. Yes, I do use a washing machine because bending over a tub is good exercise and all, but I really hate the punishment of
Magdalene Sisters. That was a depressing movie.

It is apparently the belief of many that women are inherently evil, that many women are thinking lustful thoughts and contemplating sexual action and need to be punished immediately in this lifetime for sin and evil they might commit if they are allowed to use a washing machine. That seems to be the line of reasoning, so, washboards are efficacious in preventing their pitiful souls from burning in Purgatory for any length of time. Men are never in this danger and can use washing machines as much as they want.

I found this out this from reading and watching documentaries and videos. However, the message may be skewed between intention and reality.