Wednesday, February 14, 2007




















You need a vacation.

Even if you're not French, you need a lot of vacation time to offset the nightmare we call work.

You know, the place where they set traps for you when you pop your head around the corner and wiggle your whiskers.

I read that the French take an entire month, usually August, for a vacation. I can easily get my mind around that, but I know a lot of employers who probably couldn't.

Of course, you can always take a mental vacation at work. Just imagine some scene that evokes endorphins or similar good vibes. Personally, I need this most about now when the winter has dragged on long enough. I like to think of white sand and turquoise water. In a mental vacation, you can stay out in the sun as long as you want with no aftereffects, no tan either.

Dressing for a vacation should not be stressful. For instance, if you will be at the seaside, choose a bathing suit, or several, in a variety of sizes and colors so that you can sleep in them if you want. The idea is to have a complete casual wardrobe.

I always enjoy the never-get-dressed vacation where I simply add accessories as the weather or task allows. For instance, your pajamas might be a seasonable fabric weight jog suit or vice-versa. Baby doll pajamas could function as your core attire. To this you can add rain, cowboy, or snow boots, any number of hats and/or goggles, coats, vests and jewelry. You need never actually have to take off your core outfit except for hygienic purposes. Or maybe not even that.

Remind me, and next time we will talk about dining, repasts, and cuisine on vacation.